Finding the best time tracking software is not a difficult task with some effort and knowledge of the fundamental characteristics of time keeping software, you can find one for you within no time. When you understand how you spend your time, you can evaluate it and utilize it to make better business decisions.
A time tracking program may make the work of monitoring time easier, whether you’re tracking time for personal productivity or optimizing company operations. The best employee time tracking software lets you produce correct invoices for customers, monitor how much time different jobs take and guarantee that a flat-rate project doesn’t cost more to finish than it takes.
Whether you’re a freelancer, a small business owner, or the CEO of a major corporation, you may benefit from the best time tracking tool. Now read further to find the list of the best time tracker and choose which one is ideal for your organization.
Recommended: Best Employee Monitoring Software
How to choose Best Time Tracking Software
- 1 How to choose Best Time Tracking Software
- 2 Why is Time Tracking Important?
- 3 Best Time Tracking Software
- 3.1 #1. Monday.com – Time Management Software
- 3.2 #2. Time Doctor – Trusted Employee Time Tracking Software
- 3.3 #3. Hubstaff – Time Tracking Tool
- 3.4 #4. Clockify Free Time Tracking Software
- 3.5 #6. Harvest – Easy Time Tracking Software
- 3.6 #7. Toggl Time Tracking Software
- 3.7 #8. RescueTime Award-Winning Time Tracking software
- 3.8 #9. Tickspot Time Tracking Software
- 3.9 #10. Zoho Time Tracker
- 4 Time Tracking Software FAQ
- 4.1 What is the purpose of time tracking software?
- 4.2 Which is the best time tracking software?
- 4.3 Is it necessary to have separate time-tracking applications for my desktop and mobile devices?
- 4.4 How can time tracking benefit you?
- 4.5 What are the most crucial integrations for time tracking applications?
- 4.6 Share this:
- 4.7 Like this:
- 4.8 Related
Giving a high degree of accuracy in your work helps gain the trust of your clients. With the right time tracking software, you can precisely estimate the time taken to complete a task.
When you are searching for the best time tracking software, look for the following features given below.
Client and Project Tracking
Always try finding time keeping software that allows you to track how much time your employees spend on their project. Spending your precious time tracking your hours only to be faced with the job of merging your tasks with your time would be the last thing you would want. By comparing your allocated time to the actual time, You can easily find out if you’re on track or not.
Almost all time tracking applications allow you to monitor in real-time, which means they provide you with a moving clock that you may start when you begin a job and pause or stop when you complete.
The best time tracking software includes dashboards and analytics. Both of these components will assist you in breaking down time spent on a person or a customer on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Billing and Invoicing
Look for a product that is simple to connect with your current invoicing system. If you can locate one with a built-in payment mechanism, that would be much better. For freelancers, time monitoring software is necessary to minimize the difficulties in calculating remuneration.
A good time monitoring software will give you simple reports of where your staff is spending time. It will assist you in guiding scope conversations with customers, improving time estimation on specific project types, and increasing overall productivity.
Time tracking touches on some of the most critical aspects of your organization. It tells you if you’re earning profit or wasting money on the task you’re performing. It also informs you if things are going on pace to meet budgets, deadlines and see if your staff is functioning efficiently or not.
Why is Time Tracking Important?
Time tracking allows you to make more informed decisions about how you price and manage projects, structure your team, and even schedule your day. It’s one of the most critical things they do, like payroll, accounting, and project management.
It tells you if the task you’re performing is profitable or if you’re wasting money. It shows you if things are going according to budgets and schedules and if your staff is functioning efficiently.
Best Time Tracking Software
Despite all of this knowledge, we realize the most pressing issue on your mind is “which is the best time tracking app for you and your team?” So, after considerable research and taking into account a variety of variables such as user reviews, cost, features, and performance, we’ve created a complete list of the Ten Best Time Tracking Software.
#1. Monday.com – Time Management Software
Monday.com offers a whole solution with a time tracking feature.
You will be able to receive precise time frames and track the time everywhere, at any time. It will also inform you about which employee is working on what project and helps in determining what is preventing you from progressing.
You can see a time breakdown based on the customer, project, and operation using Monday.com. From planning, tracking to delivering, this time keeping software keeps everything in one place, allowing your team to focus on their best work. It offers hundreds of templates and graphics that can be set up in minutes to make your schedule interactive and fun.
You can interface with your existing tools in just a few clicks, automating any repetitive tasks to save time and minimize human mistakes. Monday.com’s friendly support team can assist you in resolving any issues you may have 24×7.
Monday Notable Features
- Show how much time you spend on each activity and job
- Can use it in conjunction with your existing tools.
- Smart notifications and reminder function
- Provides mobile app that tracks the time from anywhere
- Generate flexible reports to make data-driven decisions.
- Individual: Free for all
- Basic: $8 per seat, per month
- Standard: $10 per seat, per month
- Pro: $16 per seat, per month
Monday.com also offers an enterprise plan; all you have to do is contact the staff to customize your scheme.
#2. Time Doctor – Trusted Employee Time Tracking Software
The first software on our list of the best employee time tracking software is Time Doctor. Following its adoption, it resulted in a 22% improvement in employee productivity. This software assists you in evaluating your employees’ time by generating a weekly report of tasks and projects, capturing screenshots, and keeping track of the programs and websites they use during working hours.
The initial set up time of Time Doctor is around 10 minutes for the administration, and for the users, the period lies between 3 to 5 minutes. The best part about this tool is that it gives a detailed insight into all the websites visited with a precise duration. The communication of the server remains secured by SSL encryption to provide an extra level of security.
Time Doctor can operate on various operating systems, including Windows 7 and above, Mac OS 10.11 and later, and almost every Linux version. It also features a mobile app for keeping track of time while on the run. Additionally, it automatically calculates the working hours of the employee and offers various payment options like Paypal, TransferWise, Payoneer and many more.
TimeDoctor Notable Features
- Can record time when offline
- Create payrolls and pay your employees
- Monitoring of the chat room and auto screenshots
- Allow clients access to your account
- Free 14 days trial
- Basic: $7 per month
- Standard: $10 per month
- Premium: $20 per month
#3. Hubstaff – Time Tracking Tool
Hubstaff values employee privacy and empowerment, for which they ensure that every feature offered by this program contributes to this aim. It functions similarly to a standard time clock system installed on your computer and mobile phone. As a result, you must determine when to begin and when to stop.
It collects images, records URLs, activity rates, and applications to prove that employees are working. This program is transparent; anytime it captures a screenshot from your device, it notifies you.
Huffstaff’s apps for Mac, Windows, Chromebook, iOS and Android devices have a time tracking capability. For individual preferences, it gives you the liberty to customize its certain features as well. Furthermore, if you hate punch in and punch out, you can set geofences around job locations to instruct the Hubstaff mobile app to start and stop the timer when you arrive and depart.
Hubstaff Notable Features
- Allows GPS Tracking of employees
- Payments made automatically
- Supports both manual and automated tracking
- Use Screenshots for time tracking.
- Productivity tracking, reporting, and online timesheets.
#1. Free 14 days trial
#2. Monthly pack
- Hubstaff Time and Hubstaff Desk: Time Free- $0, Starter- $7.00, Pro- $10.00, Enterprise- $20.00
- Hubstaff Field: Field- $10.00, Desk and field- $10.00, Enterprise- $20.00
#3. Annual Pack
- Hubstaff Time and Hubstaff Desk: Time Free- $0, Starter- 5.83 monthly, Pro- $8.33 monthly, Enterprise- $16.67 monthly
- Hubstaff Field: Field- $8.33 monthly, Desk and Field- $8.33 monthly, Enterprise- 16.67 monthly
You get two months free if you opt for an annual plan.
#4. Clockify Free Time Tracking Software
If you are looking for free time tracking software, then Clockify is the one for you. Clockify provides a mobile application for iPad, iPhone and all Android devices. It’s also accessible as a desktop program for Mac, Windows, and Linux and works in popular browsers.
The time management feature of Clockify includes tracking productivity, attendance and billable hours using a simple time tracker and timesheet. For helping the management, this time keeping software set hourly rates, view current activities, create bills and track leave and holiday. You can track time from anywhere because this software syncs all of your data.
Clockify also increases productivity, records taxable revenue, manages team effort, and analyses corporate efficiency across business divisions and projects. Also, don’t forget that this time tracking app will cost you nothing!
Clockify Notable Features
- Extra features, such as timesheet locking, objectives and reminders, branded reports, time rounding
- Keeps track of time spent on projects and up to date on their development
- Tracks time both manually and automatically
- Provides summary report, a weekly report, and a comprehensive report
- Boosts productivity and manages a team
- Free for all users
#5. TSheets – Best Employee Time Tracking Software
Tsheets, now known as Quickbook times, make it simple to keep track of time. It has over 75,000 five star reviews to give evidence of its reliability. By now, it has a record of saving around 5% of payroll expenditure. GPS tracking, PIN-based entry, a mobile app, alerts, and more features are available.
Both individuals and groups can use this tool to increase their productivity. Managers can also use the mobile app to access Crew functions. Tsheets are particularly beneficial to small to medium-sized enterprises.
The greater the number of employees in such a firm, the greater the advantage because timesheet administration, labor hours, and invoicing grow proportionately per employee. As a result, it is ideal for organizations that place a premium on accuracy and efficiency. If you need to track time, production, and other quantifiable aspects in a simple system, TSheets is by far the best time tracking software.
TSheets Notable Features
- GPS-enabled time tracking tool.
- Employee Scheduling is one of its characteristics.
- Reminders and alerts
- Capable of tracking Employee Paid Time Off.
- Features a PIN-based entry system
- 30 days free trial period
- Elite Mode: $40 per month, additional $10 for per extra user
- Premium Mode: $20 per month, additional $8 per extra user
You will receive a 50% discount if you purchase any plan and pay for them on the spot.
#6. Harvest – Easy Time Tracking Software
Harvest is without a doubt one of the best time tracking software on the market. It’s a solid option for solo entrepreneurs, but it’s also capable of performing shared work quickly and effectively. Harvest helps you get the job done if monitoring and managing a team’s time isn’t your strong suit.
Harvest allows you to send bills to your clients directly from the app using Stripe or PayPal whenever you complete the project. You won’t have to pay for any additional invoicing or payment software this way. Harvest will also graciously give you an automated reminder if your client fails to pay on time.
All the members of your team are free to install and use as many instances of Harvest as they like. You can also operate this tool offline; it allows you and your coworkers to log time on projects even when your internet connection is off. Harvest also connects with a plethora of other apps. Some approved applications allow you to directly track your working hours and transmit the data to Harvest.
Harvest Notable Features
- Compatible with all devices and browser extensions
- Tracking of Time and Expenses
- Capable of strong reporting
- Aid in the creation of invoices and estimates.
- Send out project budget notifications.
- Free 30 days trial
- Free Plan: $0, one seat and two projects
- Pro Plan: $12 per month, Unlimited seat and projects
#7. Toggl Time Tracking Software
Toggl is a user-friendly time monitoring solution based on a timer. It creates a project, then a task within it, before starting the timer. Toggl Track includes extensive reporting abilities as well as additional features such as timesheet management automation. Create an invoice for your customer and submit it without ever leaving the app after completing the project.
You may also send the customer an Excel, CSV, or PDF version of your work time report, so they know precisely where they’re spending their money. Toggl makes it simple to establish projects, assign tasks, and estimate timeframes and expenditures for each project. This way, you’ll be able to see which of your projects are behind schedule and over budget right away, and you’ll be able to organize your time and resources appropriately.
Recently Toggl Track has released a new Toggl application that you can use with your current Toggl account to improve productivity and time monitoring.
Toggl Notable Features
- Includes a lot of reporting features
- Compatible with all devices.
- Helps to automate the handling of timesheets.
- Allows scheduled reports for delivery to inbox.
- Supports various file formats for reporting
- Free: $ free for five users
- Starter: $10 per user
- Premium: $20 per user
- Starter Plan: $9 per user, per month
- Premium Plan: $18 per user, per month
You can also create a custom plan for larger businesses.
#8. RescueTime Award-Winning Time Tracking software
RescueTime assures you to get control of your time with its commendable features. It has the trust of millions of users who reviewed it as a time tracking software that helped them to remain focused, motivated and productive towards their work. This application analyzes over 3 billion working hours, assesses their meeting schedule and time to produce a daily focus work goal.
Throughout the day, it evaluates your attention and meeting schedule to provide observations and prompts to help you remain on track, as well as final reports. RescueTime restricts the sites that have the most detrimental influence on your attention so that you can stay focused and improve your average time of work.
To generate a complete result of your working time, Rescue Time learns about all the factors that pull you away, creates an automatic record of your job, and does an in-depth investigation of communication applications, focus work, and distraction.
RescueTime Notable Features:
- Allows you to define objectives.
- Able to set an alarm
- Generates comprehensive reports
- Ability to customize categories in RescueTime
- Help to remain productive and focused at work
- Two weeks free trial
- Monthly: $9
- Annually: $72
You get an additional four months of subscription if you opt for an annual plan.
#9. Tickspot Time Tracking Software
Tick is a straightforward time keeper software that works on iOS, Android, Apple Watch, and desktop PCs. It will provide you with immediate budget feedback. It includes robust reporting tools, as well as the ability to export information to QuickBooks and Excel.
The previous year tick helped 22,169 people to track 14,551,815 hours for profitable projects. Tick assists users in selecting activities and projects, allowing them to begin monitoring time with only one click. It also keeps track of your projects in real-time and sends you a report every time you submit an input.
Did you know that tick was the first Time tracker to interface with Basecamp, and it continues to be the market leader in this area? Yes, it certainly is! Finally, Tick, like any other software, provides a daily summary of your work.
Tickspot Notable Features
- Automatic time monitoring for the project and job
- Keeps track of your finances in real-time
- It comes with a robust reporting system
- Can link with Basecamp, Trello, Asana, and QuickBooks
- Simple user interface
- Free trial period of 30 days
- 1 Project: Free
- 10 Projects: $19 per month
- 30 Projects: $49 per month
- 60 Projects: $79 per month
- Unlimited Projects: $149 per month
#10. Zoho Time Tracker
The next on our list of the best employee time tracking software is Zoho Project. This time tracking software can handle unlimited clients and projects and contains all the features of a web worker at a very nominal price. With its excellent features, you can know where your employee is wasting their time, by monitoring the sites they visited during their working hours.
Set an hourly fee and charge for bio monitored hours to make your time serve you. Zoho Project set an hourly fee and charge for monitored hours because it believes in making sure you.
You won’t need any credit card to avail free trial of Zoho Project, and you may cancel your subscription or pay the fee at any time you want. If you require assistance with any problem, contact the customer service team, and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
Zoho Notable Features
- Examine time spent on each job and task.
- Keep track of the applications and websites.
- Obtain random screenshots with comprehensive info
- Export comprehensive analyses in a variety of formats.
- Keep track of time spent on the keyboard and mouse.
- $2.99 per user, per month
Time Tracking Software FAQ
What is the purpose of time tracking software?
Time tracking software is a computer program that allows employees to measure how much time they spend on specific jobs or projects. Many sectors, including those that use freelancers and hourly labour, utilize the program. Professionals who bill their consumers by the hour also utilize it.
Which is the best time tracking software?
All of the apps on our list are the best time tracking app. Each of them has excelled in a different area. Examine all of the best time tracking software and its features.
- Monday.com: Best for all-in-one time tracking module
- Hubstaff: Best for employees who work remotely
- Clockify: Best for free project tracking and reports
- TSheets: Best for Freelancers and small businesses
- Harvest: Best for individual and team
- Toggl Track: Best for all categories of businesses
- RescueTime: Best for reducing distractions
- Tickspot: Best for simple time tracking
- Zoho Project: Best for multiple projects
- Time Doctor: Best for distant team
Is it necessary to have separate time-tracking applications for my desktop and mobile devices?
Only if you expressly request it. Otherwise, numerous time monitoring applications are available for both desktop and mobile use. It’s useful for individuals whose jobs need a combination of screen time and on-site activities, as every hour performed counts.
How can time tracking benefit you?
The best advantage of time tracking software is that it allows you to enhance your efficiency and assess your return on investment. Other benefits of time tracking include:
- Increased transparency
- Enhanced precision
- Improved remote worker tracking
- Higher payroll
- Increased profitability
- Better Project scheduling
What are the most crucial integrations for time tracking applications?
It pertains to the goal of time tracking and the apps that you or your team utilize daily. Integrations with third-party programs like Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar might be handy if you’re monitoring your own time. Whether you use time tracking software to keep track of your team’s work hours, see if it integrates with the project management, communication, and other tools you frequently use to help you streamline your processes.
In this post, we have included all the necessary information that you will need to find the best time tracking software. Some software provides complex features like GPS tracking and screenshot monitoring, while others are simple and inexpensive.
Whatever it may be, you should continue to exert additional effort to fully comprehend the fresh features frequently brought to the software by new market players. Our top piece of advice is always to exert extra effort and give yourself plenty of time before committing to a time tracking software.