Review & comparison of Best PDF Editor Software for Windows 10 with features and pricing. Choose the best PDF editor tool from this list to edit PDF documents.
PDF or Portable Document Format is one of the most usable formats for sharing or saving the document.
But when we prepared the document, sometimes we need to edit it. And in such circumstances, the best PDF editor software for Windows 10 is the one who comes to help you.
And today we are here with the list of best free PDF editor Windows 10. So let’s start.
Recommended: Free PC Cleaning Software
Best Free PDF Editor Software
- 1 Best Free PDF Editor Software
- 1.1 #1. PDFelement
- 1.2 #2. Adobe® Acrobat® XI Pro
- 1.3 #3. Foxit Phantom PDF
- 1.4 #4. Nitro PDF
- 1.5 #5. AbleWord
- 1.6 #6. Sejda PDF Editor
- 1.7 #7. PDFescape
- 1.8 #8. Nuance Power PDF
- 1.9 #9. Soda PDF
- 1.10 #10. PDF Buddy
Many PDF editor freeware is available in the market, and each has its cons and pros. So how do decide which one is good or bad and which one worth paying? So the answer is simple. Go through this article and find the best free PDF editor download for your windows system. Do not worry as the listed software are tried by our experts personally. After going through many software, we have picked up some of the best out of them for you.
PDFelement is a good alternative to Adobe Acrobat. It provides two versions one is free, and another one is chargeable. The paid version provides some amazing features that worth its cost. It is designed to meet the industry stood and uses both. So either you want to suggest it for individual or any big house company, feel ease in doing so. Compared to some known names of the industry, it is affordable.
Some of the features include annotating, editing, and converting PDFs to other formats. Apart from this, it can also fill the PDF forms and add a signature to the document.
- $99.95 (professional version)
- Go through the trial version before buying
- User-friendly interface
- Suitable for novice and pro both
- Completely secure platform
- Edit or extract the scanned PDF file with the help of OCR technology
- Free PDF editing software version has a limited feature
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac both.
- Windows: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Mac: macOS from 10.10 to the latest High Sierra 10.13
#2. Adobe® Acrobat® XI Pro
The first name in our list is Adobe Acrobat. And those who have used the PDF file before, the name is old for them. It is a great tool for PDF editing. Some people find it overpriced. Not only big business firms but individual people also need software for PDF editing. So if we consider it from a money point of view, maybe some individuals find it costly.
But when we consider the features that this best PDF editor software for windows 10 provided, it is unparalleled. It can convert, edit, annotate and do a few more tasks.
- $299 (one-time fee) or $15/month
- Top-notch features
- Easy to use thanks to the decent and user-friendly interface
- One of the known and best PDF editor
- Can edit scanned PDF due to OCR technology
- Expansive compared to other software
- Due to the high price not suitable for small business and individuals
Compatible with all version and system of Windows
#3. Foxit Phantom PDF
It is possible that your search for free pdf editor windows might end here. It is another PDF editor for the windows system. The functions and features include editing, creating, merging, splitting, annotating, and sharing and converting PDF files. The add-on is encryption, Sign and redact PDFs.
- Standard version: $129 (one-time payment)
- Business version: $159 (one-time payment)
- Mac version: $129 (one-time payment)
- A trial period of 14 days to get all of the features
- It can also edit and work with scanned PDF due to OCR function
- Limited features available in trial
- Some users find it hard to use at the beginning
- All Windows systems and version
#4. Nitro PDF
The Nitro Pro PDF editor provides almost similar features to the above-listed software. It can merge, edit, create, revise, and collaborate or merge the PDF files.
The exclusive feature includes filling pdf forms, sign the pdf, and encrypt PDF files. It comes in four different versions but in my view, all versions are highly chargeable. However, it provides a set of advanced features for each version.
- Basic: $159
- Basic Pro: $ 209
- Business/ Enterprise: Contact sales department
- Fast, easy to use
- Edit scanned PDF with OCR technology
- A free trial is available
- Too much expansive compared the above names
- The trial version has limited features
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
This top free PDF editor covers the place in our list even though it is not well known among most of the users. What I like about it is it provide a word processor that can edit word files easily with pdf. It can reform images, add images, edit tables, add header and footer, and a few more functions. You might amaze by finding that it also includes functions like a spell checker.
- It is free to use
- Quick and easy
- Supports Microsoft features to some extent
- A limited set of feature
- It is slightly lagged compared to other PDF editors
- Price: This is a free PDF editor. Just install and use.
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
#6. Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda is a paid online PDF editor tool, but due to its minor charges, you can consider it as free PDF editor windows 10. The features it provides are impressive. It not only allows you to edit the PDF files but it can able to add comments, links, and signatures on the pdf files. Apart from this, it can create fillable PDF forms and edit the content in the document.
- Weekly web pass: $5/week
- Monthly web pass: $7.5/month
- Desktop and Web annual pass: $63/year
- No fixed limit to edit the document
- No hourly or pages limit
- Quite easy to use
- Less secured compared to other editors
- No OCR
- Little tricky user interface
- Work smoothly with all windows system and version
PDFescape is one of the last names on our list. Due to its amazing features, we think to include it in the list of top free PDF editors. The functions and features include editing text and images, printing to PDF, merging PDFs, password protection, annotation, and a few others. The three versions, namely Free, Premium, and Ultimate, all have different features according to price.
- Premium: $5.99/month
- Ultimate: $8.99/month
- Free to perform editing task only
- Money-back guarantee within 15-days
- Less features however cover all the necessary features
- Can’t edit the scanned pdf due to the absence of OCR
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/10
#8. Nuance Power PDF
The Nuance Power PDF is compatible with all windows systems. It can edit, convert, annotate, and encrypt the PDF document. Like other free PDF editor reviews that we have listed with a unique feature, we also want to share some of its unique features. It has voice note recognition technology that can add notes simply by speaking instead of typing.
- Power PDF Standard: $129
- Power PDF Advanced: $179
- Power PDF Advanced: Volume Licensing: Ask the developer for a quote
- Power PDF Standard for Mac: $ 129
- Can edit, convert, encrypt and perform other function very well
- Voice note recognition technology
- Little expensive compared to other alternatives
- Hard to understand in the beginning
- Compatible with all windows version including Window XP and Vista
#9. Soda PDF
For a windows platform, this best free PDF editing software is considered one of the best ones. Alike from other pdf editors, it provides the value for the price it charged. It can edit pdf documents and perform some basic tasks easily and quickly. It also comes with two different versions, and according to its charges, the functions may vary. The charges are minor. However, you can edit and convert the pdf with each version so chillax.
- Soda PDF HOME: $48.00/year
- Soda PDF PREMIUM: $84.00/year
- Low price with great features
- OCR capabilities to edit scanned PDF
- Provide encryption and add a sign to PDF
- Add-ons to get the advanced features
- The Pro version supports the sign and secure feature like the standard version, so the difference between two versions is almost diminishes
- It supports all windows version
#10. PDF Buddy
The last name in our best PDF editor is PDF Buddy. If you find the downloading and installing task tedious, you can use this software as it is web-based software, so you do not have to download it. Open the site, edit the document online and done.
- Upload and edit files easy
- Complete the task quickly and thanks to clear instruction and infrastructure of the site
- 2 step signup process
- Free for all windows version
- Limited features
- Can’t merge or create PDF files
- Can’t say anything about security and privacy as all things are done online
- Compatible with all windows systems starting from Windows XP to Windows 10
So it is all about the best PDF editor software for windows 10 and others. We have covered paid, free, and windows based software so that you can pick the one according to your comfort. Hopefully, you liked it.