In the era of technology, most of all, business relies on application performance monitoring tools and other software. It saves you lots of time and optimize the task and shows the highest prioritized task on the top of the list to ease your work. So today, we are here with the best application monitoring tools for you.
Recommended: Best Network Monitoring Tools
What Is An Application Performance Monitoring Tool?
- 1 What Is An Application Performance Monitoring Tool?
- 1.1 Best Application Performance Monitoring Tool
- 1.2 1. New Relic
- 1.3 2. eG Innovations
- 1.4 3. AppDynamics
- 1.5 4. Dell Foglight
- 1.6 5. Opsview
- 1.7 6. Zenoss
- 1.8 7. Dynatrace
- 1.9 8. Stackify Retrace
- 1.10 9. Traceview
- 1.11 10. Application Insights
APM or Application Performance Monitoring app developed to manage the performance various task, including the performance of your code, transaction times, application dependencies, and overall UX.
Best APM tools ensure that the development process of application is on the right track, and the developer needs to carry on the process. It requires lots of data to check the performance of a mobile app and operation of it. And APM tool does the same without any hassle.
For constant monitoring of the system, the biggest companies need the performance monitoring tool. These tools optimize the It operations to manage the system without any error.
Here we have covered a total of three different types of monitoring and managing apps for you that perform best and known in the same field. So without wasting time, let’s move to the main section of this article.
Recommended: Best IT Service Desk Software
Best Application Performance Monitoring Tool
In this section, you will find complete details of the best 10 application monitoring (APM) tools with its key features.
1. New Relic
Lw Cirne developed New Relic in 2008, and within no time it grows and becomes one of the essential tools for developers, business executives, and support teams of IT. Today thousands of customers are using its service to manage and improve the application or software performance.
It spread all over the world, and its offices are located in Portland, San Francisco, Sydney, Dublin, Zurich, London, and Munich. With the fantastic growth rate and 35.51 crores USD revenue according to March 2018 data, and it has a year on year growth of 34.97 %.
New Relic APM gives the facility to find out the problem in the application and related problems in it.
Thee performance-related matrices that given below by New Relic:
- Response Time, Error Rates, Throughput, etc.
- Transaction breakdown
- Most time-consuming transactions
- Performance of external services
- Cross-Application Tracing
- Deployment Analysis, Comparison, and History
- It supports language like Python, Java, .net, Ruby, and PHP.
With this app, you can get performance monitoring for mobile apps, infrastructure monitoring, and advanced browser performance.
2. eG Innovations
In application performance and IT infrastructure, eG Innovations is an industry leader. Founded in 2001, and with constant updates and excellent features that have expanded their portfolio over the years.
At present, they can monitor more than 180 apps. SharePoint, Java, SAP, .NET, and Office 365 are few names of the list. Hundreds of known companies are using eG Innovations’ performance monitoring software application around the world.
This software provides a promising solution to solve their IT challenges like code-level errors, downtime, slow apps, capacity issues, config changes, hardware faults, and so on.
It helps the developers, application managers, software development and information technology operations personnel, and IT operations personnel to find out the root cause of the issue in application performance to troubleshoot it quickly.
- Monitor the digital experience of users and find out where the experience is affected
- Using distributed transaction tracing Get code-level visibility into applications and find out the reasons for slowness: slow queries, code errors, slow remote calls, etc.
- Auto-discover dependencies between the underlying components like cloud, container, visualization, network, etc. and applications and create topology maps
- Advantage from throughout performance insight into the application infrastructure: CLRs, JVMs, application servers, databases, message queues, and more
- Using the built-in correlative intelligence and machine learning, it bifurcates the root cause of performance slowdowns
AppDynamics was founded in 2008 and is an American Application Performance Management Company based out of San Francisco.
According to owler.com, they are dealing with $143.3M revenue at present and ranked on the ninth position according to the Forbes list among 100 top Cloud companies.
It is part of Cisco now that provides end to end and real-time performance update for all complex and distributed applications.
- Supports languages like .NET, C++, PHP, Java, Node.js and few more
- If it finds any critical issue in working of the app, then sends an alert with automatic performance base-lining
- By monitoring codes in every line, it resolves production application performance issues
- With this application monitoring tools, you can easily find the root cause for error and easily fixed it.
- Appdynmics automatically discover the normal and abnormal in the performance using the alerts and response.
4. Dell Foglight
DELL is known among all the readers due to it’s a multinational computer technology company. It was founded in 1984 and based out of Texas, United States. At present, it has about 138,000 representatives across the world.
In 2012, they acquired Quest Software, which is a leading software for application performance management. This tool monitors the application’s performance using the latest technologies like .net or Java.
With the better user experience, cross-mapping, and analytical dashboard between an application and the database, it is easy to find out the bugs in the application.
It quickly identifies and solves the issues related to the application, database, and virtual environment. It can integrate with the other monitor application performance tools for Infrastructure performance.
- Foglight supports languages like .NET, Java, AJAX, etc.
- It monitors the performance of the application, storage platform performance, database monitoring, etc.
- It monitors app health by capturing user transactions. It helps to enhance compliance with the end-users service-level agreement
Launched in 2005 and headquartered Reading, England; Opsview is a software company. The office of Opsview is in Woburn, Massachusetts, United States.
This APM software provides a single view of the performance and the entire infrastructure of business applications.
Yes, it is difficult to get all the data of performance on a single context as multiple applications are used at various locations. But this tool makes it easier by using its unified and automated approach.
- During the abnormal conditions of application, Opsview tracks the health and alerts so one can solve it before it affects the end user.
- It tracks the availability and connectivity of database with the client and storage metrics.
- It also assured that business-critical applications are meeting their service-level agreements.
- It works with Opsview Mobile
Zenoss is one of the leading names for hybrid IT monitoring and analytics software launched in 2005 and headquartered Austin, Texas, USA. It offers three software which are Zenoss Service dynamics (Commercial software), Zenoss core (Open source), and Zenoss as a Service (ZaaS).
With huge application monitoring capacity, it can monitor17 billion data points and 1.2 million devices per day. This software won the Forbes award for Best Enterprise Software Startups and CEOs to Work For in 2016.
- With protective application monitoring, it reduces the downtime of the application
- With seamless infrastructure, it resolves issues before it impacts the end users.
- It can automatically monitor application and in case of any abnormalities, provides instant alerts and notifications.
- Zenoss can combine with leading APM influencers such as AppDyanmics, New Relic, Dynatrace, etc.
It was launched in 2006 and headquartered Massachusetts, USA. At present, about 2000 employees are working in Dynatrace. According to data of the financial year 2018, it has about $28M in revenue according to owler.com.
Dynatrace is one of the APM tools that monitor and manage the software application’s performance. It also makes sure that the software application available all the time. The business transaction, as well as individual transaction, are monitored at the code level by deep diving Dynatrace APM.
It can monitor and shows real-time performance data of the application, infrastructure, and cloud environment.
- It supports .NET and Java language
- Dynatrace APM does end to end and code level monitoring
- It provides better digital customer experience by throughout understanding of the performance of the application for business growth
- Before the end user affects, it solves the problem in the application
- The problem solved quickly and saved the resources to use for resolution and identification of issues.
- AI discover performance issues and gives the best solution.
8. Stackify Retrace
Matt Watson launched Stackify in 2012 and headquartered Kansas, USA. With $1 million revenue in 2016, it awarded 2016 Editors’ Choice Award by PC Magazine for its great work of APM.
This performance monitoring software has more than 1000 customers all around the globe that includes small to large organizations. Some of the known names include Xerox, Honeywell, Microsoft, etc.
- It can integrate with other tools and support multiple environments
- Supports trending framework like Java, .NET, and few other
- It designed for developers, and it is a SaaS-based APM tool
- This tool controls the health of various application and servers.
- Retrace recognizes the problems with the help of detailed code level performance trace and solve it quickly before it affects the end user
- From the full details of the application, it can find an impact on the performance of the app.
Tracelytics which is now known as Traceview. AppNeta acquired it, a part of SolarWinds. It was found in 1999 and headquartered Texas, USA. With $429 million revenue, it has more than 150 employees that working for Tracelytics.
For web applications, it is one of the outstanding application monitor tools. It provides deep detail of the application and end-user experience. Even it is a cost-effective monitoring tool for application development.
- It supports .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- It monitors all type of SaaS applications and web applications.
- With a detailed level of code, it can monitor the performance of applications
- With real-time monitoring system, it fixes the problem quickly
- For 24*7 support there is an online portal, email and phone support are there.
10. Application Insights
Microsoft is a reputed company that does not need any introduction. With 124,000 employees and $90 billion in revenue, it jumps to the Application Performance Monitoring tool. They give Application Insights name to this tool.
It can easily be organized to find out how applications are performing. It is designed for developers and monitors application performance. It also collects data on the performance of the application and quickly solves the problem.
- It works with Android, iOS, and Window-based application
- It can monitor the response time for various requests, network, CPU, memory usage, etc
- It has a robust alerting system like email, response time, various metrics, etc.
- Find the root cause for any problem in the application and fixes it immediately
- It provides multiple dashboard and metrics to assure that an application is running perfectly.
So with this, we end up our article of top 10 Applicate Performance Monitoring tools with its features. We hope you find it useful. If you want to recommend some more tools to other readers, the comment section is open for you. Thank you!