Logitech Gaming Software is one of the best programs to manage headsets, mice, and keyboards. Even in these five years, the program has not made any significant changes in aesthetics and UI. It works better, but the question is, could it work better than this?
The Logitech G hub comes one step forward to answer this question. Logitech G software is Logitech’s brand-new peripheral management software. It has a little learning curve. Even it is a comprehensive one with easy availability. The program is in an early stage and hence don’t transit it all of a sudden. But if you are ready to jump the future, follow these simple steps to set it up the Logitech software. Here is the complete guide for you.
Logitech Gaming Software And Logitech G Hub – Know the Difference
- 1 Logitech Gaming Software And Logitech G Hub – Know the Difference
- 2 What Is Logitech Gaming Software?
- 2.1 Logitech Supported Devices:
- 2.2 Gaming Mice
- 2.3 Gaming Keyboards
- 2.4 Gaming Headsets and Other:
- 2.5 Logitech Gaming Software Features
- 2.6 Logitech Gaming Software Troubleshooting
- 2.7 How To Uninstall Logitech Gaming Software?
- 3 What Is Logitech G Hub?
- 3.1 Steps For Logitech G Hub Download
- 3.2 Supported Devices:
- 3.3 Gaming Mice
- 3.4 Gaming Keyboards
- 3.5 Gaming Headsets and Other:
- 3.6 Logitech G Hub Features
- 3.7 Logitech G Hub Troubleshooting
- 3.8 How to Uninstall G Hub?
At present, there is two option available that can customize and set up your Logitech gaming peripherals. Both are viable options and have the same operating manual.
Logitech Gaming Software supports more devices and has older UI as it is available for a longer time. On the other hand, Logitech G hub software is new and offers support to the latest gaming devices. And today, I am sharing the setup of older and more stable software with the same features. So let’s start with a brief introduction.
What Is Logitech Gaming Software?
When it comes to Logitech’s legacy gaming software, the only name that comes in our mind is Logitech Gaming Software. Released in early 2010, it allows the users to configure settings for Logitech gaming devices.
- To set up the software, first, you have downloaded its set up and install it. Browse here is the link to download:
- Next, choose the setup according to your OS and system and click on the ‘download now’ tab.
- Once the download completes, click on the .exe file and follow the on-screen instruction to finish the installation process.
Logitech Supported Devices:
Logitech G hub download as well as Logitech gaming software both support all modern gaming devices, but as we are not talking about Logitech G hub download in this part, so let’s focus on the one which we are discussing.
- G100s Optical Gaming Mouse
- Wireless Gaming Mouse G700
- Pro Gaming Mouse
- Optical Gaming Mouse G400
- MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse
- G502 HERO Gaming Mouse
- Gaming Mouse G500
- Gaming Mouse G300
- G9x Laser Mouse
- Laser Mouse G9X: Made for Call of Duty
- G903 Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
- G9 Laser Mouse
- G300s Optical Gaming Mouse
- G603 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
- MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse
- G703 Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G502 PROTEUS CORE Tunable Gaming Mouse
- G500s Laser Gaming Mouse
- G403 Prodigy Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G203 Prodigy Gaming Mouse
- G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition Gaming Mouse
- G403 Prodigy Wired Gaming Mouse
- G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse
- G305 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G400s Optical Gaming Mouse
- G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
- PRO Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G302 Daedalus Prime MOBA Gaming Mouse
- G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional Grade Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G11 Gaming Keyboard
- Gaming Keyboard G110
- G19 Keyboard for Gaming
- Gaming Keyboard G105
- G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G410 Atlas Spectrum RGB Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G710 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G510s Gaming Keyboard
- G613 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G513 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G610 Orion Red Backlit Mechanical Keyboard
- G413 Carbon / Silver Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard
- G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G19s Gaming Keyboard
- Gaming Keyboard G510
- G15 Gaming Keyboard
- Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G610 Orion Brown Backlit Mechanical Keyboard
Gaming Headsets and Other:
- C920s HD Pro Webcam
- G433 Gaming Headset
- Wireless Gaming Headset G930
- G633 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G430 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
- G533 Wireless Gaming Headset
- G35 Surround Sound Headset
- G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset
Logitech Gaming Software Features
You can save profiles on-computer, on-board, or according to automatic game detection from Logitech Gaming Software. You can choose to remap for another mouse click, set each mouse button to work, and a recorded macro or keyboard stroke. In the view, you can set the polling rate of your mouse. You can also set DPI sensitivity and shift DPI setting with multiple levels.
From the battery tab, you can select some pre-set lighting modes as it improves your battery life. It acts as a dashboard primarily and shows you all the settings that drain the battery of the mouse or higher polling rates that drains your battery quickly due to brighter RGBs. It also shows the current battery level of the mouse and the remaining battery life.
From the lighting feature, you can set up your mouse’s lighting settings by zone. Logitech mouse software allows you to set lighting speed, sleeper time, and brightness. From 16.8 million color wheels and specific RGB values, you can pick any colors from it. You can sync color settings with multiple devices. The gaming setup has a unified look through which you can synchronize it.
The surface tuning feature optimizes your mouse for desk and mouse pad. It lists off distance and improves tracking. You can store multiple profiles in case you switch up the surface regularly or travel with the mouse. Surface tuning is easy. You have to click on add a new surface, name it and follow the wizard and drag your mouse until it tunes the surface.
I think this feature is not of any use. For the mice, it is entirely useless. Input analysis records and display button heat maps and shows how long you press a button or how often you press the button. Logitech G hub not loading with this feature, and there is no surprise. If you want to use input analysis, activate it, and Logitech G software records your button press. You can stop it and spit out a heatmap.
Logitech Gaming Software Troubleshooting
Many people face a different issue with Logitech gaming software. That’s why we have covered some most common problems. The software is reliable, and we don’t want you to face any of these issues, but in case if you are going through any of these, here is the solution.
#1. Not opening or loading
There are many reasons behind the software is not opening.
- First of all, check for updates, if there is any, go for it.
- Next is to uninstall and reinstall the software.
- The firmware of the mouse also prevents the LGS from opening. In this case, unplug the mouse and dongle and see it is opening or not.
- At last, update all the software and devices available, including Logitech keyboard software and Logitech mouse software.
#2. Not detecting mouse
If the mouse is not identifying, then go through the supporting device and check whether it is compatible or not. If not, then change it, and if it is, then follow these steps.
Check the USB connection or cable for any damage.
Go back to the previous version of LGS, in case you have updated it recently and started facing this problem
Set the mode of LGS .exe to run as administrator.
#3. LGS keeps resetting
If you have trouble maintaining profile settings as per your modification, here are the steps to solve it.
- First of all, close the LGS.
- Now go to the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Logitech\Logitech Gaming Software\
- Find settings.json from it and rename it as settings.json.bak
- Restart the software, and this step will make a new settings.json
What we have done here is offer a new file to fix this issue. Sometimes old files Sometimes, the file gets a little unsteady and can save the setting changes.
#4. Profile auto game detection not working:
If Profile auto game detection not working on LGS, try the following steps.
Check your profiles are associated with the right game .exe. If it is not associated, then the LGS does not auto-switch the profile.
While the game is running, turn on the lock profile. In this way, no other background will interrupt the LGS detection.
Disable the firewall and antivirus and if it starts, uninstall it and replace it with the compatible name.
How To Uninstall Logitech Gaming Software?
Follow this steps:
- Windows: start >> control panel >> Programs >> uninstall a program >> Logitech Gaming Software >> Uninstall
- iOS: Finder >> applications >> double on application folder >> Logitech Gaming Software >> double click on uninstaller application
What Is Logitech G Hub?
Logitech G hub is the latest version of Logitech Gaming Software. It supports all the recently released Logitech devices. At present, G Hub doesn’t have added any new functions and features. The significant difference is it is more appealing than the LGS. All the latest Logitech gears using Logitech G software.
Some extra features include setting up the mouse, discord integration, and OBS integration for streaming. However, there are some reliability concerns and inconsistencies in working. That’s why most professionals still use LGS. If your mouse is working with the Logitech mouse software, we recommend you do not go for the Logitech G hub download.
Steps For Logitech G Hub Download
The download method is the same as Logitech gaming software. Go through this link, download the software, and install it. https://support.logitech.com/en_ca/software/lghub
Note: Do not uninstall LGS if it is up to date.
Logitech G hub software supports the following devices.
- G900 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G502 Hero Gaming Mouse
- G703 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G502 RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
- G403 Gaming Mouse
- G402 Hyperion Fury
- PRO Gaming Mouse
- G302 Daedalus Prime
- G502 Proteus Core
- G403 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G600 Gaming Mouse
- G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
- PRO Gaming Keyboard
- G103 Gaming Keyboard
- G213 RGB Gaming Keyboard
- G310 Atlas Dawn
- G413 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G512 Carbon RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G513 Carbon/Silver RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G610 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G613 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G810 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G910 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G915 Lightspeed Wireless RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Gaming Headsets and Other:
- G332 Stereo Gaming Headset
- G432 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G433 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G533 Wireless 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G560 LIGHTSYNC PC Gaming Speakers
- G633 RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G635 LIGHTSYNC Wired Gaming Headset
- G920/G29 DRIVING FORCE RACING WHEEL
- G933 Wireless 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G935 LIGHTSYNC Wireless Gaming Headset
Logitech G Hub Features
G hub has limited features now as it is in the beginning stage. The prime benefit of G hub is its new UI. Plus, it does not have an input analysis.
- A new feature that allows the users to download the profiles from other Logitech users.
- You can see all your Logitech gaming devices from the main screen. You can browse gaming profiles from the browsing community.
- In the next down tab, you can assign any button on the keyboard or mouse to a native Windows command, record macro, keypress, OBS actions, and Integrate Discord.
- One-click setup for lighting. Also, other settings are here.
- From the setting screen, you can add surfaces to tune the mouse and battery drain rate.
- You can drag the points off to delete DPI steps and set up DPI steps on the mouse.
- Also, set the mouse’s polling rate; 500 Hz is enough to save battery life and 1000 Hz for the most responsive feel.
Logitech G Hub Troubleshooting
#1. Not detecting mouse:
Compared to Logitech Gaming Software, G Hub has limited support compared and hence check for updates.
Also, check for the new device added in supported devices.
Check the cable or USB connection for any faults or damage.
#2. Not installing:
For installing the software, it needs a clean install environment. For that uninstall all the previously installed LGS and G Hub. You either do it manually or go for uninstaller software.
3#. Logitech G hub not loading or opening:
First of all, restart your computer and relaunch it.
Uninstall G Hub and LGS and install G Hub
Delete the Logitech folder in AppData and reset the settings after uninstalling it.
If it is stuck at startup, take G Hub off the startup list, reboot it, and run it as an administrator.
How to Uninstall G Hub?
Follow this step:
- Windows: start >> control panel >> Programs >> uninstall a program >> Logitech G Hub >> Uninstall
- iOS: Finder >> applications >> double on application folder >> Logitech G Hub >> double click on uninstaller application
It is all about Logitech gaming software and Logitech G hub download with other information. Hopefully, you will find it useful. If it is so, then share your words with us. Also, place your question and queries related to this topic, if any. Happy gaming!
Dilip is freelance software and tech content writer. At TopItSoftware mostly write about the best software. In his free time is doing graphic design work.