Have you ever seen the error code on chrome browser like “This Site Can’t Be Reached”? If yes then you are at the right place to know a detailed guide to fix the “This Site Can’t Be Reached” chrome error.
Many times, users get a chrome error while reaching out to any website in a different manner. This can be eliminated by practicing different methods. If you want to remove the chrome error and fix them then follow the below different methods and find out which one working for you better.
Recommended: Audio Renderer Error ‘Please Restart Your Computer’
Why you have got this Error Code Like “This Site Can’t Be Reached”?
- 1 Why you have got this Error Code Like “This Site Can’t Be Reached”?
- 2 How to Fix This Site Can’t Be Reached Error in Chrome?
Generally, while your DNS Lookup filing to make a proper connection to the Network, you will see this type of Error code:
There are possible reasons that you have a misconfigured Network or internet setting that might cause this problem. Another reason behind this problem is your firewall setting. It can stop reaching out to the particular website on which you have got an error.
Whatever the reason behind that we need to fix this issue permanently. In that case, you will need to follow the below steps which will help you to get rid of this issue permanently.
How to Fix This Site Can’t Be Reached Error in Chrome?
There several methods to resolve this error code permanently from your chrome browser.
1. Remove Browser Cache, History, and Cookies
Many times, due to old cached pages or cookies, you may get an error so-called “This Site Can’t be Reached”. In this case, you will need to remove the cached pages and cookies and clear the browsing history. Please follow the below steps to do so:
Step #1: First of all, Open the Chrome browser.
Step #2: At the upper right corner, open the setting menu.
Step #3: Once the menu pops up, navigate the option “More tools”
Step #4: It will open a new sub-menu where you will see Option “Clear Browsing Data”
Step #5: Now here you can check the all boxes which you need to delete and hit the “Clear Data”. Refer to the Below image.
Step #6: Once you hit Clear Data, all selected time range data will be erased from the chrome browser.
In most cases, clearing browsing history, cached data, and cookies work to eliminate the error code “This Site Can’t Be Reached”. If you still facing this error then follow the next method.
2. Reset Chrome Setting
In any problem, resetting is the best option that you should choose to resolve it. Here also you can reset the chrome setting to resolve the Error permanently. Please follow the below guide:
Step #1: First of all, Open your Chrome Browser on your desktop.
Step #2: Go to the menu option at the upper right corner.
Step #3: Navigate the “Settings” option
Step #4: Into the Chrome Setting, Scroll Down to the bottom, and click on the “Advanced” option.
Step #5: Again, scroll down to the bottom and navigate the “Reset and Clean Up”
Step #6: Here you will see the option “Restore settings to their original defaults“.
Step #7: Confirm again by clicking the “Reset Setting” button in the popup option.
Step #8: It will reset your chrome browser as it is newly launched to your PC.
3. Reset your Wi-fi Router
Resetting the Wi-fi router is the alternate and working method to resolve the error “This Site Can’t Be Reached”. Please follow the below steps to reset the Router:
- First of all, disconnect the power cable from the router.
- Turn back, you will find the reset button on the backside.
- Press that button between 10 to 15 seconds.
- While the green light starts blinking, leave the button unpressed.
- Wait for a few minutes and connect it to the power cable again.
- And start connecting to the internet. It will be required to sign in again while done as a set up of a wi-fi router.
4. Restart DNS Client
Sometimes DNS clients have been the reason to got this error “This Site Can’t Be reached”. In that case, you need to stop and start the DNS client and flush the cache from the DNS client. Please follow the below steps to get it done:
- Press the Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Now enter the CMD command and hit enter. It will open the CMD Command prompt window.
- Here, Shoot the command line “net stop dnscache” and hit enter. It will stop the services on your computer.
- Then Shot the command line “net start dnscache” and hit enter again. It will start the services.
- It will restart the DNS Services on your IP Address.
Now you should remove all the entries from the DNS cache to fix the error permanently.
- Shoot the command line in CMD “ipconfig/flushdns” and hit the Enter button.
- After the successful process, you will get a message like “You have successfully flushed DNS Resolver cache”.
5. Changing IPV4 Address
IPV4 address is responsible to connect the internet globally. In most cases, the IPV4 address is set automatically. But if you are facing the issue of the error “This Site can’t Be reached” then you need to enter the Google DNS Server to resolve this error.
Step #1: First of all, open the Run window by pressing Windows + R button.
Step #2: Here Give command “ncpa.cpl” and hit enter.
Step #3: Now click on the internet connection
Step #4: The pop-up window will open where you will see the Properties option. Click on that button.
Step #5: Double-click on the IPV4 option as shown below image.
Step #6: Now enter the default DNS address in the IPV4 setting.
Step #7: Make sure to check on “Validate settings upon exit” and then click the OK button to save the setting.
Now try to refresh the page where you were seeing the error “This Site Can’t Be Reached”. If it still didn’t work then try other methods from below.
6. Check Automatically Detect Settings to be Selected
In the LAN Setting, it should be selected “Automatically Detect Settings” to eliminate the error code “This Site can’t be reached”. Please follow the below steps:
Step #1: Open the Connection setting by pressing Windows + R button.
Step #2: Type inetcpl.cpl in the blank box.
Step #3: Now select the Connection tab.
Step #4: And click on the LAN Setting.
Step #5: Now make sure to select the “Automatically Detect Settings”
Step #6: And then click on ok to save the settings.
Now try to refresh the page and check if the error is eliminated or not. In most cases, this method works well and error is removed.
This is the best working method to eliminate the error “This Site Can’t Be Reached”. Still, there are few methods like network diagnostics, by disabling Experimental QUIC Protocol in Chrome, etc. We hope that now you have been known to enough working methods to resolve the issue.
- api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error – How to Fix
- How to Host Someone on Twitch
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10
- How to Protect your Mac from Viruses
Dilip is freelance software and tech content writer. At TopItSoftware mostly write about the best software. In his free time is doing graphic design work.